Friday 3 April 2009

Day 24 3 April 09 - Of Horrid Comments & Holy Quotes

I must learn the times of trains round here. Everytime I pop in the car to go somewhere I seem to get caught at the level crossing. Didn't Joe90 have a button on his car that he would press and simply complete the remainder of the journey by air? Must get one of those buttons.

20 lengths only today up and down the pool before boredom plucked me out stuck me in the shower and I hurtled back to work. "Swim Mornings" are always such a rush. Up at 6.30a.m. out by 6.45a.m. then breakfast at work by 7a.m.. Then an hour's work before diving in a pool for half an hour racing out for quick shower to get back to my desk for 9a.m.. There has to be an easier way to stay fit.

There is! I'm playing tennis at 5p.m. with the company performance coach. I've beaten him on the last two encounters so I think he's out for revenge. Off to Muckamore tennis club for first time tomorrow. It's also a cricket club but I can't bowl a ball to save my life.

Thinking about a fightback on the rotten customer service round here. I wonder if I dropped a card to the relevant person each time I was served well or badly which linked to a customer service blog rating their performance.

We're currently hunting for quotes to go on our office walls. Oddly one that has just come in today is as follows :

“New technology has human effects. Is electronic communication making us forgetful of the value of human contact? “Facebook” leaving us unable to recognise the expressions on real faces and smile at them? “Twitter” making us all twitterers - unwilling to listen? “

The author is a local priest.

I say oddly because this is the week in which Legal-Island has begun to experiment with the web and what it can offer the company and with impressive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment