Friday 29 January 2010

No.231 Of being angry and confused

So J.D. Salinger has finally popped his clogs. He's the guy who write "Catcher in the Rye" a book I read years ago when I was an angry confused teenager. The novel apparently is about an angry confused teenager but I missed that bit....

Well here's wondering how Tony Blair will get on today. Whether he does well or bombs (if you'll pardon the use of terminology) at least we can say that we have a political system in which our leaders are accountable. I couldn't see Putin being brought before an independent committee to scrutinise his decision to send the army into the Caucuses.

Meanwhile, Gordon Brown recovers from his visit to Northern Ireland and his failure to get seasoned politicians to agree on what to many seems a relatively small issue. I wonder how he feels. Angry and confused?

No comments:

Post a Comment