Monday 11 January 2010

No.214 Avatar & Other Things Quite Unreal

I saw Avatar over the weekend. It was nearly a great film but lacked plot/storyline. The special effects however truly are exceptional. Its use of 3D actually added to the film rather than being at all gimmicky when you spend half the time dodging all the spears and arrows coming out at you from the screen.

I had to fight today to get in the pool at 7.15a.m. for the body was not willing and the spirit was still in bed. I did 20 lengths blunder bus speed and crawled out pretending it hadn't happened.

On the subject of not buses but trains I was on the train the other day and overheard the following conversation between two people working as waitresses :

First Person : "Anyway this table said to me what would you recommend and I felt like saying well how should I know I'm the waitress not the chef"

Second Person : "Yeh you should have done. Did yeh?"

Customer service and passion for what you do - still a bit to go me thinks?


No comments:

Post a Comment