Monday 30 November 2009

No.191 Of Dancing Dramas

Oh bum! I've lost my pool routine. I climbed out my pit this morning at 6.30a.m. to get to the pool for 7.15a.m. only to be informed that it is closed until next year for essential maintenance. Does this mean I have an extra hour in bed each day or that I should replace 40 lengths in the morning with a steady jog to work or something?

I watched the docudrama last night on Margot Fonteyne and Rudolf Nureyev followed by a documentary which showed them performing together. Their dancing together was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It was one of those moments when you actually regret not being much older so that you might have had a chance to have been there to experience it in person. A bit like the last Beatles concert at Candlestick Park, San Francisco. Margot danced until she was in her 60s and died in 1991 in poverty looking after her dirty rat of a husband, Tito. That bit the docudrama never seemed to explain. But then life is full of unexplained complexities I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment