Monday 9 November 2009

No.176 Of Red Cows & Orange Faces

We finished last week exhausted but on a high. The feedback from delegates who attended the first of our Annual Reviews of Employment Law at the Red Cow was astonishing. Everything averaged well over 4 out of 5 with hosting weighing in so far with a 4.97! The overall results are here. Rock on Legal-Island.

Saturday I spent shopping. Yuk! Belfast was mobbed as was Boots. There must have been an explosion in the cosmetics department of Boots shortly before I walked in because all the assistants were covered in orange face paint. Handy if there's a black out I suppose - just look for the glows behind the tills. I was in there for 10 minutes but I'm not sure if I could have done another 5 without exploding myself. Why is it that people at the top of a queue can't understand the words "Who's Next Please?" or are too busy chatting to each other to hear "Cashier No.6 please?" Then when you try to assist by telling them there's a cashier free they look at you like you're some kind of Morron. Rant over.

Sunday I spent with friends on the North Antrim coast. I don't think there's anywhere more beautiful when the weather's good at this time of year. Driving back from the coast through Bushmills I got caught right in the middle of the Rememberance Parade. There was some war vets, followed by some marching members of the girls brigade then me in the MG. I wondered if onlookers thought the MG had played it's part in the war or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment