Monday 17 January 2011

Of Rugby Rantings

I've just started reading Clive Woodward's book "Winning" about how he led England to victory in the rugby world cup. It looks promising.

I hated rugby at school. I could never see the point in getting bruised crunched and sometimes punched for the sake of moving a leather bag of air from one end of a bit of grass to the other. Everyone else seemed to get it though. Every time the ball came to me I would kick it as far away from me as possible. Mr Lewis the PE teacher would then bellow at me "Phillips I thought I told you not to kick away the ball all the time?!" "Sorry Sir" I'd reply "I clean forgot again". He'd then bark looking straight at me "Ok scrum down and Phillips you're in at No.8" He was a vindictive little man Mr Lewis...

No comments:

Post a Comment