Tuesday 4 January 2011

Of raining cats and dogs

My neighbour ventured out last night in the rain to come round with a confession. She told me, rather guiltily, that when I was away not only did she give plumbers access to my house to fix my burst pipes but she also availed of the opportunity to access my bin outside and deposit in it her dead cat. We both giggled. This was the same dead cat that was smelling a little in the boot of her car as she drove me to the airport the week before. She explained that she was waiting for the ground to thaw so she could bury it. She didn't explain why it went in my bin and not hers. I suppose she felt she had to take her off somewhere rather than end up in with the mix of Christmas wrapping paper and left overs.

I watched her depart up the road with her dog Isla. Isla is herself getting on a bit and I couldn't help but wonder whose bin she was destined for.

Funny folks my neighbours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment