Friday 21 January 2011

Of Remote Memories

It's all going very high tech in my house at the moment. I can now listen to pretty much anything I want at any time in any part of the house - and that's without having the Internet at home.

Yesterday's latest addition to the household technical toys was a docking station for my Iphone with accompanying amplifier and speakers. This means that whatever I've downloaded onto my Iphone I can now blast out anytime I choose at home. I have ear pieces for my Iphone too which means that I can listen to it even when sharing space with others (the train for example). I have a gadget in the car which means I can fire the Iphone output through the car speakers and it behaves like its a car radio.

The docking station came with its own remote control. This means I now have 6 remote controls about the house but can usually never find the one I really need.

When my gran had her first colour TV (sometime in the 70s I guess) I remember her saying that the the rental company, Granada, asked her if she wanted a remote control with it. She refused emphatically commenting that "If she couldn't be bothered to get off her chair to turn over the T.V channel then she shouldn't be watching T.V"! She spoke a lot of sense my gran. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment