Monday 10 January 2011

Of Grinning Carnivores



I had a great weekend. Friday night cinema. Saturday night dinner with friends. Sunday walking in the Mournes. The whole lot inter-dispersed with a good deal of work in the office and a good deal of DIY at home. Cracking!
My Saturday night friends Fiona and Richard are great hosts and always make me laugh. The latter usually has a few drinks, or "sharpners" as he calls them and a cheeky grin promptly appears that stays no doubt until cancelled out by a hangover the following day. With the grin cometh the gags and usually the poking fun at guests - often me for being a Vegetarian...It's an odd friendship him a huntsman and me an ex saboteur but we always manage to laugh off our differences like it doesn't really matter because I suppose it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment