Wednesday 23 March 2011

Of Teenage Kicks

I was at a seminar yesterday. As part of the touchy-feely get-to-know-each-other section of the event we had to do an elevator speech about who you are and what your organisation does in just one minute. An extra requirement was that whenever it was your turn to listen if the person said something really interesting you had to say "Oh that's really interesting. Tell me more".

I listened to the first lady. She worked for an organisation that teaches sexual health to teenagers. She explained that her organisation tries to promote sexual health among teenagers by encouraging them to abstain. "That's really interesting " I declared "Tell me more. How do you do that?". She said "We encourage them to do other things instead" "That's really interesting" I replied "Like what?". "Like bath together instead" she said. Time up was called as I failed to suppress a teenage giggle and moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment