Tuesday 15 March 2011

Of Late Last Night Before I Went to Bed

Last night was a hoot. I did dinner party No.3 of 12 and I have to say I think I got away with it. Apple, carrot and celery soup with home made bread, followed by Vegetable Hot Pot followed by Apply and Rhubarb crumble. They're all carnivores so they suffered a little bit with my veggie cuisine - they probably shot off to McDonalds as they left mine at the even of the night in search of some proper food.

My mate Barry, (who you can always rely on tell it as it is) said the soup was good, the bread delicious and the Hot Pot lovely but needed a good slab of meat beside it. I believed him because he also said the Crumble was hard going which may be why he drowned it in custard.
The kitchen this morning looked like a Tsunami had hit it. Monday night dinner parties are never great. The cleaner's not in until Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment