Tuesday 29 March 2011

Of Laying for Ulster


I swam 40 lengths of the pool this morning with my swimming coach Bruce - although he did sprint off during the last 10 and left me well behind. He tells me that he's trying to lose weight and that he's lost a stone in the last two months. He assured me that it was a combination of more exercise and a diet designed for him by slimworld. When I asked him if that meant good bye to the Ulster Fry he replied "Oh no only the bread I still have my five rashes of bacon, two double yoked eggs, mushrooms and beans for lunch". There's no stopping some.


I had my friend and hen consultant, John McKee, over to advise on my production problem yesterday evening. He reckoned the hens may not be laying because they need some decent green food. I was thinking of moving them to different grass when he said " A lettuce should do the job". Habsburg or Cos lettuce I wondered as I thought they're beginning to get fed better than me at the moment.


1 egg a day between four of them. Not even enough to supply an Ulster Fry for a day. I think I'm going to have to have words.

No comments:

Post a Comment