Thursday 10 March 2011

Of Aborted Attemtps to Start the Day

I awoke this morning to realise that I had forgotten to put the emersion heater on last night. Not a disaster but it did mean there was no hot water with which to shave. So I hoofed it 3 floors down to the kitchen to boil some water. It was then that I remembered that I had forgotten to do just the same 2 nights before too and the kettle was actually in the bathroom where I had left it yesterday morning. So I hoofed it 3 floors up and 3 down again to dock the kettle and get some hot water finally. Once this was done and I had shaved and dressed I descended the stairs again to the door heading out for my morning swim. As I did so I remembered I had forgotten my Iphone by the bed so up and down again I went.

As I'm leaving the house I wondered why I was sometimes so forgetful and concluded that it was because I'm thinking of too many things at once and I need to focus on just one. Fine useful learning I told myself as I hopped in the car. Driving out the development I slammed on the breaks. I'd forgotten to leave the money for the cleaner.....

No comments:

Post a Comment