Saturday 2 July 2011

Of Sophie My Little MGB

OMG! That last hour of my life was terrible! I spent it at the MOT test centre with Sophie, my 1979 MG, and it she came unbearably close to failing. The test guy yanked the handbrake so hard and high before he was happy it was sticking that it was left in, how shall we say, a rather rude looking position. He said the front left wheel wasn't breaking well but he'd pass it this time. It was a nice day and I had already asked him if he'd have time to enjoy it when he finished work.
I explained that the petrol gauge was in fact working but that it took a while to warm up. As he tapped and yanked while she was on the ramp I could barely watch convinced the exhaust would fall off or something.
But no she's good for another 12 months and if God spares us both that means there's a whole lot of trips round the coast and to Donegal in the pipe line.
Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment