Thursday 21 July 2011

Of Musical Terrets & The Sound of Music














Wow! So that was Austria. I don't think I've ever seen such a clean country. There was not a bit of litter anywhere. It was so beautiful too. Hiking one day, mountain biking the next lake swimming the day after. Yep that was a great holiday.
My holiday partner accused me of having musical terrets for each field we fired through on the bikes was treated to a burst of "The Hills are alive with the Sound of Music" and the first two lines only. He said it was very irritating and I think he may have had a point.
And the highlight? It has to be The Sound of Music tour where we got to see The Gazebo, the Von Trapp House and various other scenes from the movie. The visit to Hitler's Eagle's Nest just over the border in Germany came a close second.
And what did I learn? I learnt that the Von Trapps didn't escape over the mountains to freedom for the mountains would have taken them into Germany and even straight into Hitler's Nest. Instead they took a train to Italy then a plane to the USA. Funny thing real life innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment