Thursday 7 July 2011

Of Great Speeches from Great Ages

We had a visit yesterday at Legal-Island from Action Cancer to conduct health checks on staff. I'm feeling terribly smug now because I was told I have a metabolic age of just 32! Yey! Many other staff were given ages much great than their actually age. Needless to say they think I've fixed it. So distrusting my staff at times....

I gave a presentation today at Stormont, Northern Ireland's parliament. It's a great building in impressive grounds. Whilst waiting to go to the podium I couldn't help but think of all the great statesmen who had gone before me and made speeches which led to riots, to fractured relationships or later, had led to reconciliation and peace - of a sort at least. There's something about giving a talk or speech in a great building with a load of history - fires you on.


No comments:

Post a Comment