Saturday 23 April 2011

Of the Royal Wedding

I'll be so glad when the Royal Wedding is over and done with. Don't get me wrong I like the couple. They seem genuine enough, hard working and yes quite in love too. But the media coverage is just ridiculous. There's nothing else on the box at the moment. There's nothing else on the front pages of the newspapers, the magazines and now the BBC World Service has joined in too.


I remember exactly what I was doing during the last big royal wedding of Lady Diana & Prince Charles. I had a part-time job painting double yellow lines on the side of the road. It was decided that it would be a great day to do this guessing that most people would be off the road either inside watching the event on T.V. or at a street party somewhere. Wow did we get some lines done that day. In fact, I think if we had been given just one more day we could have covered the whole of the UK in double yellows. Now how would that have looked? Pretty damn smart if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment