Wednesday 6 April 2011

Of Living in a Global Village

Yesterday evening at about 5p.m. a business friend of mine in Moscow popped up on Skype so we chatted via sms for a while to catch up on all the news. Just as she signed off my friend from Venezuela zipped in to chat by video link from Geneva. Through his concave webcam he looked a little like one of those squashed up creatrures from Lord of the Rings but I didn't think I should tell him this in case the humour got lost in translation. An hour later I was on a telephone conference call with 12 other people dotted around the UK for a phone seminar delivered by Richard Denny from his home in Morton on the Marsh in Gloucestershire. Driving home I wondered how we ever managed to get by pre the Internet. But we did. Just don't tell me that it was better "in them days" when times hadn't changed because I just don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment