Wednesday 13 April 2011

Of Helping Police with their Inquries

I went for a jog this evening around Regents Park - or at least that's what I set out to do. I wasn't really in the mood for it and was up for any handy excuse not to get going as I made it to the corner of the park. It soon came. Just as I was about to kick off two motorists got involved in a road rage spat. The car driver got out and went for the motor cyclist who ended up on the ground and on the wrong end of the former's boot. When he got up to square up to the driver I lead him away quickly thinking he was destined for another much stronger kicking if he made the mistake of trying to retaliate.

The Old Bill turned up and I spent the next hour in the back of police car giving a statement. The police constable took a four page statement and asked me to sign each page and initial each correction made. When he asked if I was prepared to attend court as a witness, I replied I would but would prefer not to bearing in mind I live in Northern Ireland. He replied "Well Sir, we may have to ask you to attend. These defence lawyers are a crafty load of buggers ya know".

No comments:

Post a Comment