Friday 7 January 2011

Of friends in high places




Why are people so cruel to me? And friends too? Just when I was getting over my post holiday blues a mucker from Warrington sends me a load of photos from the holiday. And now I have to get over the holiday all over again!

I came into work Monday of this having devised a very specific formula to get over the post holiday blues. It is :

* Keep yourself really busy - avail of this duty by doing lots of fiddly DIY jobs you should have done ages ago
* Listen to The Jam's "Going Underground" in the car going to work to really pump up your mood
* Think of a friend or just someone you know or who you've heard of who has not been so lucky recently and tell yourself you've no right to feel miserable just because a good time is no longer continuing for you.
* Return home from work in the car listening to Squeeze's "Up the junction" for a happy tune about a person really down on his luck

Come on pump it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment