Thursday 27 January 2011

Of Crimewatch & Baywatch


I curled up on the sofa last night to watch Crimewatch. Accidentally, my hand fell upon the open box of chocolates that I had forgotten to give to the cleaner for Christmas. Naturally, I had to have one, then another and a few after that. To my horror I thought I had finished the box only to discover another layer of chocolates below. I promised myself I could have one or two from there if I swam an extra 10 lengths in the pool this morning as a penance.

I did manage a full 30 lengths today but boy was it boring. I was racing the lady in the lane next to me just to distract me from the monotony. She reminds me of someone I once saw on TV possibly even Baywatch but I can't just place whom. She was holding her own doing breast stroke to my front crawl. She has a very unusual style. She seems to kick from the hips so it's less like a frog but a mermaid kicking. She seems to glide through the water much better than I do. Probably something to do with a lot more training and most importantly of all, no chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment