Thursday 9 June 2011

Of Technically a Bit of A Disaster

Technically, I'm not having a good week. I'm talking about technology here for it is letting me down - or perhaps more truefully I am mistreating it. On Monday my MG failed its MOT. It broke down on the way to the test centre. "On the way" makes it sound as though there was a good attempt at the journey but there wasn't. I had barely got the car out the garage when the battery gave up on me. Not to be defeated I got the jump leads out again only for these to melt and deliver a terrible smell of burning as I tried the ignition and wonder why there was no response. I think I had short circuited something.
Never one to be easily defeated I then connected up the portable battery charger and the battery charged enough to make the indicators work (but only when the driver's door is open for some reason - work that one out!) but not enough to start an engine.
Time to call a man who knows what he's doing in my garage methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment