Tuesday 7 June 2011

Of Growing Old Disgracefully

I spent most of my birthday on Sunday with my Rels in Cheshire. I love visiting them and old haunts that prompt great memories of happy times together as a child.
One thing concerned me deeply however. I guess you might say that I use my cousins for a bit of bunch marking. Each time we meet (which is rarely more than once every two years) I compare how I'm doing in terms of my weight, my greyness and my wrinkles. I have to say this time round I did not do well for they were all looking in good shape with the boys sporting far too much hair of its original colour for my liking. You'd think on my birthday at least they'd have made more of an effort to make me feel better about growing old.
Pictured in the photo are back row : Peter (cousin Jen's partner), Richard (middle cousin (in D'artanian stance)) William (youngest cousin) and me. Front row : Jane (wife of Richard), Aunty Ann (without an "e"), Ben son of Richard and Jane Uncle Brian, oldest cousin Jen with Ewan son of William and Michelle peeping behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment