Saturday 28 May 2011

Of Dark Reflections

Well it's Saturday morning just a week from my birthday and a few days off in London later in the week. Yey! Can't wait.

I've loads to do before I go however incluing Chair a breakfast seminar on 2 June and sign off a good number of events before then too.


Yesterday Northern Ireland ground to a halt in many areas as a result of 14 bomb scares. I wonder if any other part of the world can boast as many. Is that another dubious record? Whilst stuck in the mayhem I went through the dark things this place is known for.
They include :



* The most famous ship in the world which sank on its maiden voyage
* One of the greatest footballers in the world who was also an alcoholic and wife beater
* A unique film star of a car that crashed after two years in production
* A Belfast hotel - once known for being the most bombed hotel in the world having suffered some 28 attacks.


I think we need to do better somehow. The crazy thing is that actually Northern Ireland is not a bad place to live.






No comments:

Post a Comment