Sunday 17 April 2011

Of War on War and Peace

Ok its back on. The assault on War and Peace that is. This will be my third attempt in as many years to read it cover to cover.

It can't be that difficult can it? Surely a man even with half the intelligence (if that) of the great Tolstoy himself can read in a few months what he laboured to write over several years. Ok it may have approaching 500 characters and twice as many pages but bit by bit say 10 pages a day it should be possible.


As its essentially a book about war or more correctly wars and many of them I'm planning a "war room" in the house with a map of all the Napoleonic battles. May be I should buy some toy soldiers and horses for effect. Also in the same room I'm planning lots of charts for the walls listing the main characters. Throw in a students study guide to the epic and a dvd of the film and I should be ok this time. Shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment