Sunday 24 April 2011

Of Technological Developments

I think I've finally cracked it. How to listen comfortably to music or indeed anything you can download onto an Ipod. This is a project I started at least two years ago. I started out with large head phones. But these were bulky and combersome and I discovered a good while after, unfashionable. I then tried "minimal style" which did appear to be in fashion. They were like tiny earpieces the deaf used to wear a long time ago on the end of plastic wires. These were easy to roll up and take virtually anywhere. They were also very uncomfortable and would fall out at the slightest movement or jirky response to any rock n roll music they may have been conveying.


I'm now wearing a bizarre looking contraption with small bars that go round the back of the ears and the ear pieces hover closely to the ear without going inside. Eureka!


I can now drive to Dublin listening to the best of the BBC World Serice I may have missed. When I'm within range of some decent Wifi through an App I can listen to any radio station in the world that is on the Net. How good is that?


Best of all when in the garden reading wearing your earphones is akin to wearing a sign for the neighbour's kids which reads "DO NOT DISTURB". And guess what? They don't. The best £10 I ever did spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment