Monday 25 April 2011

Of Pinch & Punishment

"Can you pinch an inch?"

So went the advert all those years ago for some slimming breakfast suggesting that if you could you needed to slim. It was great marketing because of course everyone can pinch an inch. If you couldn't chances are you couldn't bend over because your skin would be too tight.

I don't want to speak too soon but I think I may be winning the battle of the bulge. This morning I swam at speed 30 lengths of the pool. Last night whilst watching some trash TV (Come Dine with me) I did almost an hour on the cross trainer.

I get really annoyed with myself when I start watching trash T.V. I think of all the constructive things I could be doing like repairing the MG, tidying up or reading a good bit of Russian literature. So now I've brought the cross trainer into the lounge and the deal is as follows. I can only watch trash if I'm on the cross trainer at the same time. It's a kind of Crime and Punishment thing and it appears to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment