Friday 1 April 2011

Of Prepping for Weekends


I have three friends staying over in my house this weekend. Two are former Hells Angels and a third is a gay dance instructor. Yes I have an eclectic bunch of friends and yes I can't help but think sometimes that it's a miracle they all get on so well.

It's the weekend but I have so much work to do. I've to prepare a mediation appeal for Monday.I've to draft our strategy plan for Tuesday test some software for Wednesday and prepare a conference speech for Thursday. Easy enough you might think in two days but I don't have two days for today I'm off to see an old friend in Geneva for the weekend and I just can't wait. The four hour return journey time is my only hope of keeping on top of these work assignments so I plan to choose my Easyjet seat carefully. It will be by no crying babies. It will not be amongst hen parties at the back of the plane. It will not be in a middle row and so squashed that I wont be able to open a folder and work. Better be first on I guess or should that be last so I can choose who gets me rather than the other way round.


I had planned not to take my mobile away with me this weekend. A daring thought I know. The prospect of being out of range of business calls and even messages from friends and family became increasingly appealing the more I thought about it this morning. But then I realised I have no camera other than the one secreted into my Iphone so it seems it and I will be travelling together afterall. Maybe I should just be really reckless when boarding the flight and leave flight mode on all weekend. Wow I can be hard sometimes. Wait till I tell the Hells Angels - they'll be terrified...


No comments:

Post a Comment