Sunday 28 February 2010

No.248 Of Pasta and the Planning

If one more visiting friend buys me a Vegetarian cookbook as a present I'm going to open my own on-line book store. I've a pile of them now in my bookcase. They're good but all require a lot of planning and thought which I don't have in great measure. Measure by the way is another thing I have no patience for. How much is 40 grammes of butter for example? And can I be bothered to measure out three teaspoons of cream? Nope.

Ok so it's Sunday and I'm going to give a dish a go this evening so it's off to Tesco this afternoon in search of 2 cloves of garlic, freshly and locally cut asparagus (it doesn't travel well apparently), single cream and a bunch of herbs. Pasta I have already in copious amounts ready to burst out of my cupboard and jump into a saucepan and end up in my next great creation. I may just buy some ready made sauce for pasta in case all goes wrong...




No comments:

Post a Comment