Monday 7 February 2011

Of three strikes and you're out

It's been a productive weekend although not always of the best quality - at least where the cooking is concerned. I had another go at homemade bread on Saturday. This time it rose but it was gooey inside. Too much water I'm guessing. I'm trying again tonight. Let's hope it's third time lucky. If it's not I'm just going to stick to the sliced Mother's Pride from Tesco. Maybe I'm one of the those who just can't need dough properly. Gran used to say that their are people like this in the world - their hands are just too cold. Or was that Gran just sitting out another household chore?

The trouble with my coooking is that once I've finished the kitchen looks like a tornado has hit it. I can't seem to use the one knife in a process of carving, cutting and chopping. Instead I seem to use 24. Perhaps the solution is to tie three essential utensils on a string round my neck so I know what is to be used and where it is to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment