Tuesday 1 February 2011

Of Knocking ya Panne in and Of Bad Workmen....

It was an utter disaster : "BP's bake your own bread day". I followed the recipe precisely but that was the problem it wasn't at all precise. No - it wasn't really ....

It told me to put in half a sachet of yeast but my yeast from Tesco came in a tin and a large one at that. It advised me to let the dough settle "somewhere warm". Would this be somewhere of room temperature? the airing cupboard? a gently heating over? Spain? Egypt? It didn't say for how long either, 10 minutes? an hour? 2 days? 3 months?

They say you should always take a positive from a negative. Here are my three positives : 1. Nobody died during this experiment, 2. The house still smells lovely, 3. I now how a door wedge for at least the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment