Wednesday 23 February 2011

Of Google n Geeks

According to Google Analytics I had a rag bag of visitors to my blog from all over yesterday, including a single resident with obviously nothing better to do in Ecuador, New Zealand and Mongolia as well as my faithful follower in Metzingen, Germany...Guten Tag to you.

This online world is a curious thing. Last night I attended a monthly lecture and meeting of the social media association in Belfast. It consisted of people who are seriously into social media many of whom admitted to me that they devote "at least" two hours to their online life every day. What struck me about these people is that they appeared surprisingly normal and actually very capable of operating well in the "real world" and carrying out interesting conversations with people. They didn't look particularly geeky and there wasn't a pair of socks in sandals to be seen.

I wonder what the equivalent group of people would look like in Ecuador, New Zealand,Mongolia or Germany. Now there's a debate we could have on social media....

No comments:

Post a Comment