Monday 29 November 2010

No.428 Of When One or Two Just Wont Do

I'm back! After almost a week away from the blog I finally have time to write and explain where I've been.

I suppose the answer is not very far but I've been mixing business with pleasure in Dublin, London and Belfast as I try and get ready for next year's work on the Island.

I was at a great Moroccan restaurant last Friday night in London. As I waited for my dinner guest I was given a lovely bowl of black olives. I took one. Then another and then some more. In fact a load more. I never realised black olives could taste so good.

Shortly thereafter we were at the Royal Albert Hall watching, among others, Ruby Turner and Alison Moyet. The latter used to be as large as the former but not any more. She came on stage looking very slim and attractive and gave a packed auditorium a real dose of her beautiful voice. I have to say she was upstaged however by Ruby herself who just seemed to belt out the notes from the back of her mouth to the back of the very highest row of balconies with so much ease and aplomb. There's something about large black American soul singers - almost like you can't be a truly great soul singer unless you have all three of these qualities/characteristics - one or two just wont do.



No comments:

Post a Comment