Saturday 7 January 2012

Of Saving Time Online

I'm in a time saving moment at the moment and I have two ideas that could save me a working day each week if I get it right. The first is Internet Shopping. The second is better diary management.
So yesterday I gave Tesco Online a go for the first time calculating that if I don't have to do a twice weekly shop in Tesco this year it will save me some four hours each week. I've ordered delivery to my works address so I don't have to worry about being at home when the gear arrives. Shopping by clicking is a strange feeling. But I think I'm more confident that my buying decisions online are better than they are in the real world. For they are made in an environment free of screaming kids and people who just don't know how to push a shopping trolley properly.
The diary management is a little more complex and involves my Ipod synching with my online calender which me and my PA should be able to access.I'm still not convinced about the online diary software I'm using which is google calender. Yes it does synch with my Iphone but the tasks management bar just doesn't seem to work for me. I've looked at other systems such as Dont Forget the Milk and Evernote but it's all a bit confusing. Think I might put out a request on Twitter to see what the Twitterati think.

No comments:

Post a Comment