Monday 16 January 2012

Of The Four Hour Work Week

Last year I read a good number of books but it wasn't until I updated my training portfolio over the weekend that I realised just how many. I made it 15 at least one of which was a belter, War and Peace. The one that affected me most was Time Ferris's "The Four Hour Work Week". The only thing I don't like about this is its title for its quite misleading. This is a book about how to re-arranged your life, hit the re-set button when it comes to your values and goals and time manage and by that I mean really time manage. Best of all it gives you great tips on how to develop what the author calls "muses" which if done well can provide you with a regular and easy income.
Thinking about this now I guess I've become quite evangelical about this book. I've photocopied part of it for SMT at Legal-Island to read. I've bought copies for a friend I swim with, a friend I play tennis with, a neighbour and a web consultant I know well as well as an ex employee.
They don't know this yet but my plan is for us all to meet soon over dinner to brain storm on the book and see where it gets us. Emmm watch this space or ...blog as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment