Thursday 5 January 2012

Of Ferris n Fetishes

I seem to have developed something of a book fetish at the moment. Over the festive break I read five books each one of them a belter. The problem is that I made the mistake of glancing at the recommended further reading at the back of each textbook and ordering them straight from Amazon. That's why this last short while the books have been snowing into the office.
I started this run of reading with Ferris's "The Four Hour Working Week" which is an astonishing book. This led me on to Gerber's "The E-Myth" which took me to Koch's "The 80/20 rule" and there's now a queue of books behind his awaiting my attention. In fact, come to think of it, there are books in my car, books on my work desk and piles of books all over the house. Maybe I should get to the car book sale this Saturday to get rid of a few although in this state of mind there's a danger that I'll come back with as many as I take.
The irony of it all is that the author, Tim Ferris, who seems to have started this fetish for me advises strongly not to waste time reading books.
Strange world innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment