Thursday 19 May 2011

Of Peter Thomson and a pretty good seminar


I went to a Peter Thomsom seminar yesterday. It was masterful understated brilliance. I don't think I've ever come across anyone who is such a good all round business advisor, public speaker, teacher trainer ever.


I left my notes from the seminar in the house this morning so from memory here are five takeaways from yesterday.


1. Always plug in your holidays at the beginning of the year. You'll enjoy them more, work harder in between and have more holidays!

2. Work on your business not in it.

3. Always make time in your business to review what you have done well. Don't just get together to analyse stuff when things go wrong.

4. Don't forget the power of selling by endorsement - this is rarely used but can be very effective

5. If you want to read a first class book read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand 1,000 pages of size 9 font type that will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment