Sunday 8 May 2011

Of Great Inventions and Intentions

I went to the flicks last night with my cinema partner, "The Lady Captain". I went to see "Water for Elephants" which although a good film is a strange title. For it had nothing to do with water going to elephants that I could see unless this was some metaphor for something that went flying over my head.
Within 10 minutes of getting into the film my mind was away working on a new invention that had occurred to me sitting there. This is a set of head phones that you can wear into a movie house. Once in your seat you tune them in to a frequency through which you can hear the movie. Great hey?! Now you may think its pointless bearing in mind each cinema comes with its own sound (usually pretty good Dolby all round sound) but it's not. The beauty of the invention is that it will deprive you of the sound from all around of other cinema goers rustling their damn popcorn.
I know it amuses the Lady Captain highly that these people irritate me so much. It was all I could do last night not to shout at her to shout at her neighbour to stop the unbearable rustle of popcorn whilst I tried and concentrate on a film.


Anyone fancy the flicks with me soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment