Wednesday 25 May 2011

Of Getting Through the Books and the Music

The books are stacking up at the moment. I'm just 40 pages into War and Peace with another 900+ to go. There's Atlast Shrugged at 1199 pages in the queue behind. I also threw on the reading list yesterday Ulysses by James Joyce after listening to my friend Paul Joyce (no relation I'm guessing) over dinner last night tell me what a great book it is. It's set in just one day of the life of a few characters as it makes its way around the streets of Dublin.
Like me Paul is a huge Kate Bush fan. A poster of her adorned his bedroom wall as a teenager just as it did mine. Yesterday we bought her latest album and like teenagers all over again excitedly inspected the CD to see what was on it and how it appeared. The great thing about Kate Bush is her unpredictably. You never know which way she's going to go next with her music. Sometimes, it a bit cranky, occasionaly a bit average but sometimes too (like her debut single "Wuthering Heights") just magical, original,brilliant and very daring.

No comments:

Post a Comment