Thursday 5 May 2011

Of Didgeridoos and what they can do for you














I told a friend of mine that I snore and was immediately advised to go to the doctor. I haven't. I'm one of these that never goes to your GP unless I'm either in debilitating pain or there's obviously something awry.

I wasn't planning to make an appointment either until I watched a programme on T.V the other night about fat people. It said that one of the disadvantages of being overweight is that it can cause you to snore and that snoring can lead to sleep apnea. This, in an extreme form, can lead to strokes. Having googled sleep apnea I discovered you can tell if you're a sufferer from your snoring/breathing patterns. So last night I attempted to record myself asleep by keeping my Iphone near my bed on record. The trouble was I was so self conscious of the whole exercise that I was unable to sleep at all until well over an hour later when I had finally switched the thing off.
According to Wikipedia there are many remedies for sleep apnea including one which looks such fun I'm almost here wishing I definitely do suffer from the complaint. One of the remedies is to learn to play the didgeridoo which works because it strengthens the muscles in the upper airway.
My poor neighbour. First the sound of a badly played didgeridoo coming thundering through the adjoining wall last thing at night followed by me on my tonsils for a good few hours. Now that's suffering for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment