Friday 1 March 2013

Of Angels of Halo

I was at a HALO event earlier in the week. This is when a number of entrepreneurs present in front of so-called Angels who are looking to invest a pile of wonga on the "next big thing". It is a bit like Dragons' Den but without the grilling at the end and a strange looking man not unlike Gollum at the start who does the intros.
Many of the pitches were mightily impressive and their numbers were very seductive. For just a £300,000 investment by year 5 you were looking at a major share of £50million!
The guy sat next to me had just made a bob or two selling a website designed for the medical industry whilst the man to my left was their to take a punt with other people's money on behalf of some investment fund. I left thinking I should put down a pound or two at some point this year only to return home and change my mind. The oil tank had been filled. The bill was £750!
Who wants a share of £50million anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment