Wednesday 20 March 2013

Budget Day and Going the Distance

I felt good this morning as I yanked myself out of the swimming pool. For I had just swam 30 lengths in a record time of 20 minutes flat. That's 750 metres or, if you like, 0.75km. I did it by racing the guy in the lane next to me who is a fairly serious swimmer. By length 20 not only had I managed to keep up with him but I had put a bit of distance between us too. Rock on!
As I sat on the edge of the pool a lady slipped into my lane. She was well into her 50s and looked fairly serious about her task. Strapped around her energy drink in a flask was a training regime which no doubt she planned to consult during her morning swim. When I asked what was on it she replied "Well it's quite simple I suppose I just have to swim 4km in 90 minutes". I got out thinking I have more to do...

It's budget day today. It's a day all about money. As Bo Derek once said "Those who think money can't buy happiness just aren't shopping in the right place"!

No comments:

Post a Comment