Friday 28 September 2012

Of a Sharp Start to the Weekend

"Is that Barry Phillips?"." It is" I sleepily replied. "The alarms at Legal-Island have went off at 5.30a.m". the voice on the end of the phone declared. I checked the time. It was 5.31a.m. I scrambled out of bed remembering that there had been 2 burglaries on the road next to Island thinking that this time it could  be for real. I threw on a shirt and fleece, jeans and footwear. The Crocs were replaced halfway down the stairs by a firmer pair of shoes just in case I had to deliver a kick to the family jewels of any unsuspecting burglar.
I jumped into the car and arrived at Island at 5.36a.m., precisely. For any police that may be reading this blog this time statement includes a typo.
I checked outside the building for any sign of broken entry. There was none. Starring inside through a window I could see no sign of a random torch light, no intruders, nothing that looked at all untoward.
As I entered the building a voice from the alarm system was shouting firmly "Intruder, intruder, intruder, leave immediately". I walked around. Again, no sign of a break-in.
Next dilemma. Go back to bed or make the most of the long day? I'm trying the latter whilst reserving the right to change my mind and change a long day back into a shorter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment