Wednesday 2 March 2011

Of the BBC n Me

I was watching "The Human Planet" last night whilst texting a friend of mine on my mobile. I don't think I've ever watched such a beautiful programme and shouted out "Wow" involuntarily so many times in one hour. It's packed full of beautiful cinematography and lovely shots of people enjoying Mother Earth. Well done the BBC say I.

A friend of mine from Spain used to complain about the British a lot. She said they had a poor sense of style and I think she might have been right. She said they were rotten cooks and had an awful diet and she was right. She said the Brits had questionable taste when it came to internal decor (carpets in the bathroom used to horrify her) and how they behaved after a night out drinking was nothing short of a national disgrace. Eventually I lost patience and asked her what if anything she liked about Britain and her immediate reply surprised me : "The BBC - it's the most fantastic institution in the world" And she was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment