Saturday 31 March 2012

Of Getting on Ya Bike

I've finally got my new bike on the road. It arrived with flat tyres that needed pumping but with no pump. I had two that didn't fit. I borrowed another two. They didn't fit. I ordered another online. It did the job.
The brakes had locked. A colleague helped. I wrestled with the bicycle lock to change the combination from 0000 to something I wouldn't forget. I only half succeeded. I managed to change it from 0000 but to a strange random number that likely I will forget. Most likely when it's chained somewhere far from home and when I need it most.
The bike has about 4,545 gears that I can tell - one for every possible bit of cycling imaginable and many more as well. The handle bars are shaped in a most unusual way. They look part racer part cow horn and if I didn't know better I would think they are inside out and back to front.
The saddle is comfortable though and that's the main thing. Exercise, as we all know, is best done sitting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment