Monday 13 June 2011

Of Clever Ladies and Clever Chaps

Well I had a good weekend, I think. It was productive at least. On Friday night I went to see comedian Tommy Tiernan at the Ulster Hall. He was good but risque. His protestant jibes were close to the line and perhaps too close for a few but he's a master performer. He claims there's a sign by the titanic dock that says "Titanic - well it was alright when it left here".

On both Saturday and Sunday I worked full days trying to get ahead (or at least not fall behind) before I go away on leave. Over the weekend I watched Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry (a great movie and actor) and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights starring Lawrence Olivier. I had seen the film as a boy but it was only this time round that I realised what a great story it is and indeed how well Kate Bush's song of the same name captures the atmosphere, angst and tragedy of the novel. Clever lady that.

Finally last night I dipped into War and Peace to knock off another chapter. I still haven't broken through the first 100 pages but I plan to take it on holiday and give it a good go. He has an amazing writing style Tolstoy. Clever chap that.










No comments:

Post a Comment