Friday 18 June 2010

No.326 Of Everybody's a Fruit and Nut Case

It was the Irish News Awards last night and we were lucky enough to win "Highly Commended" in all three categories in which we entered including "Best Place to Work. So well done to all staff!

I arrived in style in the MG along with the lovely Michaela, a neighbour, and all round good egg. Michaela is never stuck for a word to say and huge craic.

We stopped at the local petrol station en route to replenish the front tyres with enough air to get us to the Ramada and us enough chocolate to get us to 8p.m. when we guessed dinner to all 400 guests would finally appear. We returned to the car and a crisis! I'd lost the car keys! A mad frantic search showed them to be lurking in amongst the chocolate bars. How I managed to pick up two Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bars and leave behind a set of keys on the shelf was beyond me. Takes some skill if you ask me...


No comments:

Post a Comment