Monday 14 June 2010

No.324 Of Halves and Doubles

A very bizarre thing happened this morning in the lift at the Burlington Hotel, Dublin. I took the lift from the 6th floor to ground level on my way to breakfast. At floor four in walked a couple I was convinced I knew or at least had seen somewhere before. The guy was small and completely bald. His partner was well glamorously dressed (at least for breakfast) and well made up. By the end of the lift's journey I thought I had it and I just had to ask. "Excuse me" I said "Do you mind me asking if you work together?". They both smiled and the lady replied "You might say that we're a variety double act".

The last time I had seen them both was when he was cutting her in half on a cruise ship in the Arctic Circle. Funny innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment