Saturday 1 October 2011

Of Speed Reading

I was at a speed reading seminar yesterday. I don't think it's for me. I like to go at my own pace and ponder words, the meaning of sentences and indeed ponder just about anything else as I "speed" my way through a chapter of a book.
I did confess to being a slow reader to the group; one of those that reads with his finger under each word and as we practiced I did note everyone else turning over a page before I was even half way down.
The secret I've decided to getting through lots of books for me is not to read them quickly but to have them handy throughout the day so whenever I'm on a train, a bus, or in a queue I'm reading.

1 comment:

  1. Speed reading seminars don't really teach to finish off a book quickly. These seminars are for people who have difficulties reading quick enough. Speed Reading Seminars
    have helped lot of people and continue to the same.

    ReplyDelete