Friday 15 January 2010

No.218 Of Paul Potts and Other Beautiful Timely Things

I have a theatre/culture partner. Her name is Genevieve. Everywhere Genevieve goes she's late. You may not know that everywhere I go I'm early. I was brought up in a family in which if we arrived 5 minutes early for an appointment we were really 10 minutes late. It's an odd thing but whenever Genevieve and I go anywhere we always arrive bang on time. To the minute. Last night it was to the second. As Paul Potts walked onto the stage at the Waterfront 8p.m. yesterday Genevieve & I were being shown to our seats.

It's beautiful to see someone who's been given a huge chance in life. It's beautiful to see someone with a dream who is realising that dream. It's beautiful to see someone master his craft. Paul Potts you are short and you are dumpy. You would win no beauty contests but Paul you are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment